The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) conducts the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ICSE Class 10), the Indian School Certificate Examination (ISC Class 12) and the Certificate of Vocational Education Examination (CVE- Class 12). The Council has always strived to incorporate the very best in its prescribed syllabi at all levels. Here, we have provided the complete ICSE Syllabus details.
It is a well-known fact that a strong foundation in the lower classes plays a vital role in the learning process. The syllabus developed by the Council for Preschool to Class 12 has been designed so that children can lead in a progressive and phased manner. Similarly, the CBSE board has also designed the LKG Syllabus CBSE for preschool children so they can become successful learners by enjoying learning.
The syllabus has been planned and organized systematically and scientifically. It aims to provide a holistic and broad education, considering all aspects of child behaviour. So, they can meet the challenges in life and develop their potential for lifelong learning. All efforts have been made to incorporate components related to the child’s life and his/ her immediate environment, interpreting for the child, its salient and significant features, and permitting him/her to contact some of its important activities.
The ICSE Syllabus aims to enable children to:
- become successful learners who enjoy learning;
- successfully apply core concepts learnt from various subjects;
- understand texts of different subjects so as to communicate knowledge and ideas in ways specific to the subject;
- articulate thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and nonverbal communication skills in a variety of forms and contexts;
- use technology to access and provide information and to communicate with others;
- understand cross-curricular linkages- connect learning across subject areas;
- become confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives;
- become responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society;
- understand and apply knowledge to real-life experiences;
- develop a sense of responsibility towards others;
- function successfully in the local and world community; respect diversity (in terms of religion, gender, regions, etc. and differences of opinions and beliefs);
- exhibit sensitivity towards environmental issues;
- learn to manage and utilise resources judiciously.
In order to ensure that the ICSE Syllabus is relevant and in alignment with what is being transacted in the schools, all efforts were made to ensure that subject teachers, teaching at the levels of Preschool – Class 12 are involved in the process of development of the syllabus. In-depth discussions were held with subject teachers to identify the requirements so that a need based and process oriented syllabus could be developed. The syllabus was developed through collaborative efforts of subject teachers from schools affiliated to the Council, as well as educationists and experts from leading national and international educational institutions.
We hope this information on ICSE Syllabus must have helped students understand how the Council designs the curriculum. After knowing this, students should start studying as per the syllabus and refer to it every time.Read More